Thinking of marriage? She'll be telling the story of how you proposed to friends and strangers for the rest of her life, so put your own spin on one of these ideas to make sure it's memorable.
Best Public Marriage Proposal Ideas
1. Have a flair for the dramatic? Get in touch with the stage manager of an appropriately themed production and propose after the cast's curtain call.
2. Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper you know your girlfriend reads daily.
3. Arrange a surprise proposal with a street caricaturist. Have him sketch a picture of you two with word bubbles. Yours will read, "Will you marry me?" and hers will say, "Yes!"
4. Pay the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a handwritten sign that says, "Will you marry me?" to hold up against the glass.
5. Send your girlfriend on a treasure hunt. Start with a clue at home; then send her on a tour of your favorite spots all over town. When she gets to the last hint, the prize should be you on one knee.
6. Go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ or bandleader to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor.
7. Hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.
8. Flying anytime soon? Use the plane's loudspeaker system (of course, run your plan by the flight attendants first) and propose at 35,000 feet.
9. Movie buffs? Ask your neighborhood theater to run an ad featuring your proposal and make sure you get there in time for the previews.
10. Gather a bunch of your friends and family for a party. Have everyone in attendance put on a T-shirt bearing one of the letters in the phrase "Will you marry me?" When you walk into the room with your girlfriend, suggest a group picture and let the shirts speak for themselves.
Best At-Home Marriage Proposal Ideas
11. For a simple surprise, after she goes to bed, go to her jewelry box and replace her everyday ring with the engagement ring. She'll be completely shocked in the morning when she goes to put on her regular ring.
12. Write her a love note with the proposal at the end of it. Tuck it into her favorite book or the one she happens to be reading at the moment, and when she finds the note, surprise her with the ring.
13. Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around the ring.
14. Slip the ring on her finger while she's sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic -- the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry.
15. Tie a red-velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. You wait at the last stop, ring in hand.
Best Tech Marriage Proposal Ideas
16. Create your own podcast proposal and sneak it onto her iPod.
17. Upload a video of your proposal to YouTube (tell her you have a hysterical home movie to show her).
18. Steal her digital camera and head to her favourite local outdoor spot. Bring a friend with you and have posters made with the words "will," "you," "marry" and "me?" Have your friend photograph you holding each one in a different position. Then, let her know you borrowed her camera and ask her to upload the photos.
19. Take the scavenger hunt high-tech: Send your mate a text message leading her to a secret spot. Keep her engaged by text messaging her sweet nothings along the way (and directions, of course) as you lead her to you, on bended knee.
20. Create a web page declaring your love and intentions. Leave your sweetie a clue with the web address written on it -- don't say a word. After the proposal has been officially accepted (which, of course, it will be!), she can proudly send the page to friends and family.
21. Set up a live-stream channel (on Ustream.com) and invite all your friends and family to watch the proposal live from wherever you choose to propose!
Best Foodie Marriage Proposal Ideas
22. Make the box holding her ring a selection on the dessert tray at your favourite restaurant.
23. Put together a gift basket of yummy delicacies -- the best chocolate or coffee -- and hide the ring among the presents (in its box, so it doesn't get lost in the goodies).
24. Ask the pastry chef to write, "Will you marry me?" in chocolate sauce around the rim of her dessert plate.
25. Ask a baker to make a cake with the proposal written in frosting. Have him display it in the storefront and suggest a little window-shopping to your girlfriend.
26. Create a personalized fortune cookie with your own proposal message.
Sources from internet, results will vary depend on individuals.